NEWSPAPER | Events taking place in and around the bay
– The North Event Center in Bloemendal presents Karaoke Fridays and oldies night, hosted by Casiemo. Admission is free before 8:00 p.m., R30 thereafter. For more information, contact Diano on 083 391 0755.
-The morning market will be held at the Walton Park Retirement Village beginning at 9:15 a.m. There will be crafts, savory and sweet foods, drinks and much more. Entrance is at gate number 2 in Admiralty Crescent, Summerstrand.
– St Peter’s Congregational Church, 42 Walter Road in Charlo, will have a mini bazaar from 08:00. Second-hand clothes, cakes, pancakes, boerewors rolls, bric-a-brac and refreshments will be sold. COVID regulations apply. For more information, contact Reverend Norman on 084 474 2260.
– The Elliot Academy in Fairview will have a sale of boots at the Brylin Independent Learning Centre, Soccer Field, Eucalyptus Road, Fairview (near Frank Landman Street) from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information contact [email protected] or 041 368 7110.
– Bluewater Bay Community Church sale of boots will take place on the corner of Weinronk Way opposite Engen Garage from 07:00 to 12:00. The cost is R30. For more information, contact Colleen Roux on 082 858 8447.
– A free guided historical and cultural tour, open to all, is offered by Tony Neveling of GECKO TOURS at 10:00 am from The Donkin Lighthouse. Visit Fort Frederick, the Athenaeum with 67 beadwork, Vuyisile Square and surrounding area i.e. Prester John, Feather Market, Town Hall, City Library, St. Mary’s Cathedral, 67 Steps, Reserve Donkin with mosaics and a giant flag etc. The duration is two hours. Visits are limited to 20 people. RSVP to Tony on 082 464 6022 or [email protected]
– The Newton Park Crime Forum is organizing a fun day to help raise funds for the NP Crime Forum. There will be a bouncy castle, face paint, food stalls, K9 unit patrols and more. It will take place at the Diaz Club in Newton Park from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. All funds raised will be used to help make the area safe to work and live.
– Algoa Park Neighborhood Watch is organizing a Youth day celebration at the Otto du Plessis sports field in Algoa Park from 09:00 to 17:00. Lots of stalls with handmade products and homemade pastries.
– The GJ Louw primary school will host a family fun day on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the school from 09:00 to 14:00. Activities include motorbike rides, kid-friendly games, a bouncy castle, face painting and haircuts by Stylz Barbershop. There will also be a live DJ. Admission is R5 per person.
– Family fun night market with over 95 stalls and tons of oriental foods will take place inside the Malabar Community Center starting at 6:00 p.m. Explore a variety of handmade and handcrafted local crafts, clothing, toys and gadgets. Admission is free, as is wi-fi. For stand reservations, contact 0842319326 or 067 244 6921.
- Send your events to [email protected] and mark it as “log”.