How to know the version of an Android application 2022 [Updated]
This tutorial explains how to find the version of an Android application. Recently I updated this tutorial and I will do my best for you to understand this guide. I hope you like this blog, How to know the version of an Android application. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check how to find the version of an Android application
Not all Android phones and tablets run the latest version of Android. It’s often useful to know which version of Android a particular phone or tablet is running in order to get help with problems or to determine if a feature is available. The Android version itself isn’t the only information you’ll want to find. Your device name, manufacturer, and carrier also affect your device software.
Even the Linux kernel version and the new “Android security patch level” matters. You can find this information in the Android system settings. Regardless of the version of Android you are using and your device’s Android version customizations, you should be able to access this information the same way.
How to know the version of an Android application
google play store
- It works if the app in question is up to date and you just need to find the app version. If you have an old version of an app and an update is available on the Google Play Store, this method is not for you.
- Open the Play Store app and go to the page of the app in question. Each app has a brief description of what it does. Tap the “Learn More” option, then scroll down the page to get the current version of the app.
About Application Screen
- Many apps include an About screen within the app itself that can tell you which version you’re using. You can normally access this screen by going to the app settings. If the app doesn’t have a dedicated settings screen, look for a button with an i. It most likely represents additional information about the application and may include the version number.
- If all else fails, there’s always the Settings app. Open the Settings app and tap Apps & notifications. You need to access the list of apps installed on your device. This list can be found in the Settings app; however, it may be in a different section depending on your version of Android.
- On the application list screen, touch the application whose version number you want to check. Scroll down the app info screen and you will definitely find app version information. This works best for apps that have been downloaded locally and for older versions of apps that are still running.
Final Notes: How to Know the Version of an Android App
Hope you understand this article, How to know the version of an Android application. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.