How to Change App, File, and Folder Icons on the 2022 MacBook
This tutorial is about changing application, file and folder icons on MacBook. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Change App, File, and Folder Icons on MacBook. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Change App, File, and Folder Icons on MacBook
Read on to learn how to change Mac icons, whether you want to restore an app’s old icon, customize your programs, folders, and documents with a theme, or make them reflect the new look of macOS Monterey. Changing Mac program icons is a simple and painless operation that can even be enjoyable if you want to give your Mac a unique look and feel.
How to Change Mac Icons for Apps, Folders, and Documents
- Open Finder and navigate to Apps
- Click on the application whose icon you want to change and use the keyboard shortcut command + me (or right-click and choose Get Info)
- Have an image for the new icon you’d like to use, jpg or png often works best
- Drag the image onto the existing document/folder/application icon (you may need to enter your Mac password)
- You may need to close and reopen the app to see the change in the Dock (folders and documents should refresh immediately)
Return to original icon
- To remove an icon (revert to the original), open the Get Info window (command + me)
- Click on the icon then press the button remove key
- You should now see the original icon
How to create custom icons
- If you want to create more polished icons for apps, folders, etc., a great app is Image2icon
- It is a free download with a pro version to unlock all features.
- You can use different designs to match the aesthetics of the macOS Monterey/Big Sur rounded square icon
Final Words: How to Change App, File, and Folder Icons on MacBook
Hope you understand this article How to Change App, File, and Folder Icons on MacBook, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.