How to Change App Colors in iOS and Android 2022
This tutorial explains how to change app colors in iOS and Android. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog, How to Change App Colors in iOS and Android. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to change app colors in iOS and Android
Personalizing our phones is as important to some people as personalizing our homes. You have finally attached a wallpaper on both! Changing the colors of your apps on Android isn’t as easy as it sounds, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done. It is not possible to change the basic style, color or appearance of apps such as Instagram, Facebook, Just Eat, eBay, Uber, etc. Only Google/Android/Simple Phone apps will be changed. Also, the latest operating system must be installed.
By default, app icons on some Android phones like the Pixel are mostly fixed, both the color and the actual icon. Spotify, for example, is green and black, and there’s no easy way to change that. However, in some cases the app will allow you to change the icon for a selection of options. Or the app is more tied to your phone settings than other apps.
So if you change the color settings on your phone, the app color and icon style will also change. If you want to personalize your iPhone home screen, you can do more than just set a favorite image as your wallpaper. You can also create custom colored app icons that reflect your style.
How to Change App Colors on iOS and Android
Change the color of my apps on Android
If all else fails, third-party apps can take over the whole process through icon packs. You can change the app icon color and the whole icon graphic this way. Here are the Google-approved options for changing the color of an app icon:
Use themed icons
One way to quickly change app icon colors is to use themed icons. But there is a catch: not all icons will change, only those provided by Google like Chrome, YouTube, Camera, Phone, Messages, Play Store, Gmail, etc. Go to Settings > Wallpaper & Style > Theme Icons and select what you want. do you want to use
Enable wallpaper colors
Theme icons work as-is, so you can turn them on and forget about them. Or, to work on a bit of customization, you can manipulate app colors through two sets of color options: wallpaper colors and base colors.
For example, if you want these Google apps to be purple, you can choose that color in Settings > Wallpaper & Style > Basic Colors. If you want the app icon colors to balance the wallpaper, open Settings > Wallpaper & Style > Wallpaper Colors and choose one of these color schemes (the combos you see there will change depending on the background you are using).
Change App Icons on Android
It is also possible to change app colors just by changing the entire app icon. The only built-in way to do this is to follow the instructions above. The color scheme you choose, the wallpaper you use, and whether dark theme options and theme icons are enabled affect the appearance of some of your apps.
But what if you want to choose a different app icon, maybe one for a non-Google app? There are no icon packs in the phone settings that you can browse, nor any approved way to change an icon to one of your choice.
Customize your app icons on iOS
Before you begin the process of customizing your app icons, make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS 14 available.
- Open the shortcut app.
- In the top right corner of the app, click + (plus).
- On the New shortcut screen, tap Add action.
- Find Open app and tap it in the search results.
- On the New Shortcut page, tap Choose.
- On the Choose an app page, scroll down and find the app whose icon you want to change. In this example, the app is Photos.
- You can also enter the app name in the search app search bar at the top of the page, then choose the app from the list of results.
- You’ll return to the New Shortcut page and the app’s name will appear where you pressed Choose earlier. Tap the three-dot menu at the top of the page.
- On the details page, edit the app name. Just tap the Shortcut Name field and type something new.
- Then tap the icon next to the app name on the Details screen.
- Opens a selection page to choose the icon you want to use for the application and the color you want to display. First, tap on Color and then select the desired color for the icon.
- Then tap Glyph and choose the symbol you want to display on your app icon. There is no option for no glyphs to be displayed, so choose the closest match you can find.
- When you have made these selections, tap Done.
- You will return to the Details page. Touch Add to Home Screen.
- You will be taken to a preview page where you can see what your app icon will look like. Press Add.
- You will then return to the Details page and a short confirmation will appear on the page. You can now exit the Shortcuts app and find the new app icon on your home screen.
Final Words: How to Change App Colors in iOS and Android
Hope you understand this article, How to Change App Colors in iOS and Android. If your answer is no, you can ask anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your friends and family to show your support.